Do you really want to learn how to rank your new website on Google and get more organic traffic? Here are my proven, solid tactics as to how to get backlinks and how many backlinks are needed for a new, fresh website.
Despite your high-quality articles, the main challenge appears to be how to get backlinks to your new website. It’s unfortunate that quality is no longer king. As an SEO expert with 7 years of experience, my formula is content = backlinks. Therefore, both are equally important. In addition, Google and other search engines use the link structure to determine the authority and relevance of your website.
However, getting backlinks for a new website is not easy. You have to face many challenges and misconceptions, such as:
- How many backlinks do you need for a new website?
- How do you find and reach out to potential link partners?
- How do you create valuable and link-worthy content?
- How do you avoid spammy and low-quality backlinks?
In this article, I will try to answer all these questions and show you how to get backlinks for your new website. I will also share some proven tips and tactics that will help you get high-quality backlinks.
- 1 How Many Backlinks Do You Need for a New Website?
- 2 How to Find and Reach Out to Potential Link Partners
- 3 How to Create Valuable and Link-Worthy Content
- 4 How to Avoid Spammy and Low-Quality Backlinks
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Essential Backlinking Tips and Tricks: Q&A
- 6.1 How many backlinks do I need for my new website to start seeing results?
- 6.2 What are some effective ways to find and reach out to potential link partners?
- 6.3 How can I create content that is valuable and link-worthy?
- 6.4 What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to get backlinks for a new website?
- 6.5 How can I ensure that the backlinks I’m getting are high-quality and not spammy or low-quality?
One of the most common questions that new website owners ask is, How many backlinks do I need to rank on Google?
There is no definitive answer to how many backlinks you should receive to a new, fresh website, as it depends on various factors such as the quality, relevance, and diversity of the backlinks, the level of competition in your niche, and the authority of your website. Even though there is no fixed number of backlinks that you need to rank on Google, I have some suggestions below.
- Diversify your backlinks and start with “free profile backlinks“. I advise you to register your blog or company on 10–15 authoritative websites. Go slow. This means 10 profile backlinks a month are sufficient at the beginning.
- Do not rush the process. Take your time and start getting free and effective backlinks in the first two months. You will simply register on some websites and describe your work.
- Get 60 to 80 backlinks to the homepage in your first three months. Diversify this as well. I mean, if 30 of these are profile backlinks, make the remaining guest post links (contextual backlinks), Image Submission Links, Document Sharing Links, PowerPoint Sharing Links, Audio Sharing Links, Business Citation Links, etc.
- Get a minimum of 4 backlinks to each of your posts and products. Do not rush this either. You have time. Because of this, start with the most important articles or products. Then pass to your weaker content. Please note here that these backlinks should be placed in the relevant niches, or at least the title of the post should be relevant. If you cannot find these sources, consider guest posting.
- Do not buy backlink packages that sell you 300–400 backlinks and complete the “job” in 7 days. Try to get 300–350 backlinks a month at most (do not do this very often) and keep it daily at 25 backlinks at most.
- Do not obsess over dofollow links, nofollow links are also valuable. However, always target dofollow links.
- Try to get an idea of the level of competition in your niche and keywords. If the keywords you target are hard to rank, double the number.
- The authority and age of your website were zero at the beginning. Therefore, know your place and do not buy 300–400 backlinks from sellers. They generally complete their task in 1–7 days. Stay away if you want a stable and permanent website!
- Open a social media account (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram) and start sharing your posts or products on these channels. You don’t need to start all of them at the same time.
- Study on-page and off-page SEO, try to increase the quality of your content as much as possible, and solve technical problems. Enable a site opening time below 2 seconds. Optimize all media files.
- Don’t obsess over the number of backlinks you need for your new website. Focus on getting high-quality and relevant backlinks that add value to your website and your audience.
Generally speaking, the more backlinks you have from high-quality and relevant websites, the better. However, the quality of the backlinks is more important than the quantity. A few backlinks from authoritative and trusted websites can be more powerful than hundreds of backlinks from low-quality and irrelevant websites.
How to Find and Reach Out to Potential Link Partners
Now that you know how many backlinks you need for your new website, the next question is: how do you find and reach out to potential link partners?
Link partners are other websites in your niche that might be interested in linking to your website. They can be bloggers, influencers, journalists, industry experts, or anyone else who has a relevant and authoritative website.
Finding and reaching out to link partners can be challenging, especially for a new website. Here are some tips on how to find and reach out to potential link partners to get backlinks:
Use Google Search
One of the simplest ways to find link partners is to use Google search.
For example, if you have a website about “product sourcing”, you can use these search queries:
- intitle:product sourcing inurl:resources
- product sourcing intitle:blogs
- product sourcing intitle:guest posting
- product sourcing intitle:write for us
These queries will help you find resources that have resource pages, blogs, guest posts, or write for us pages related to “product sourcing”.
You can also use Google search to find websites that have linked to similar content as yours. For example, if you have a blog post about how product sourcing in Turkey can increase your profits, you can use this search query:
- “product sourcing” “increase your profits” -site:https://peloteksourcing.com
This query will help you find websites that have mentioned product sourcing and increase your profits in their content. These are potential link partners that might be interested in linking to your blog post.
Another way to find link partners is to use backlink tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, or Moz. These tools can help you analyze the backlink profile of any website and find out who is linking to them. We use Semrush and Moz very efficiently.
You can use these tools to spy on your competitors’ backlinks and find out where they are getting their links from. You can then reach out to those websites and ask them if they would be interested in linking to your website.
Use Email Outreach
Once you have a list of potential link partners, you need to reach out to them via email and ask them if they would be willing to link to your website. This is called email outreach.
Email outreach can be tricky because most people receive dozens of emails every day asking for links. You need to stand out from the crowd and convince them that linking to your website will benefit them and their audience.
Here are some tips on how to craft effective email outreach messages:
- Personalize your email: Use their name, mention their website or content, compliment their work, or find something in common with them.
- Be clear and concise: Explain who you are, why you are emailing them, what you want from them, and what’s in it for them.
- Provide value: Show them how linking to your website will add value to their content or audience. You can also offer something in return such as sharing their content on social media or giving them feedback.
- Include a call-to-action: Ask them politely but clearly what you want them to do next. For example, ask them if they would be interested in checking out your website or content.
- Follow up: Don’t give up if they don’t reply right away. Send them a friendly reminder after a few days or weeks. You can also try different subject lines or angles until you get a response.
How to Create Valuable and Link-Worthy Content
The third question that you need to answer when learning how to get backlinks for your new website is: how do you create valuable and link-worthy content?
What is a Link-Worthy Content?
You need to create content that attracts the reader, solves their problems, or provides value for them. Some types of content are more likely to get backlinks than others. These are called link-worthy content.
Link-worthy content is content that other websites want to link to because it:
- Is original and unique
- Is comprehensive and authoritative
- Is relevant and timely
- Is useful and actionable
- Is visual and interactive
- Is emotional and shareable
To create link-worthy content, you need to do proper keyword research, competitor analysis, content planning, and promotion. You also need to follow the best practices for SEO writing, such as using headings, bullet points, images, internal links, external links, and call-to-actions.
The fourth and final question that you need to answer when learning how to get backlinks for your new website is: how do you avoid spammy and low-quality backlinks?
Spammy and low-quality backlinks are links from websites that have little or no value for the users. They are often created by bots or paid services that use black hat techniques to manipulate the search engines.
Spammy and low-quality backlinks can harm your website’s SEO and online reputation. They can trigger Google penalties, lower your rankings, reduce your traffic, and damage your credibility.
- Don’t randomly buy backlinks
- Don’t use PBNs: Using PBNs is risky and unethical. Google can detect and deindex PBNs easily, which can result in severe penalties for your website.
- Don’t participate in link schemes: Link schemes are any practices that involve exchanging links for money or other benefits. This includes reciprocal linking (linking to each other), link wheels (creating circular patterns of links), etc.
- Don’t spam comments or forums: Spamming comments or forums with links to your website is not only annoying but also ineffective.
- Monitor your backlink profile: You should regularly monitor your backlink profile using tools like Ahrefs or Moz. You should disavow spammy backlinks using Google’s disavow tool.
By following these tips, you can avoid spammy and low-quality backlinks and protect your website’s SEO and online reputation.
Getting backlinks for a new website is not easy, but it’s possible if you follow the right steps.
In this guide, I showed you how to get backlinks for your new website in 2023. I also shared some proven tips and strategies that will help you get high-quality backlinks that boost your SEO and online reputation.
I hope this guide helps you get more backlinks for your new website. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below. If you have no time to work on backlinks for your new website, consider our Monthly SEO Backlink Services for New Websites of Turkish Guest Posting Services.
And if you liked this guide, please share it with your friends or colleagues who might benefit from it.
If you really want to follow the right path in the SEO business, I advise you to check out the following posts, which were prepared with deep research:
- Turkish Guest Post Pricing: Don’t Overpay
- 6 Quality Indicators for Guest Blogging
- Online Digital Marketing Services in Turkey